Thank you for stopping by our website. Canyon Creek Elementary opened our doors in the fall of 2016. We are the Canyon Creek Firebirds, and we have five school rules.
- BE SAFE
- BE KIND
- BE RESPONSIBLE
- BE RESPECTFUL
- BE SUCCESSFUL
CCE is a great school where our focus is on developing 21st Century skills for teaching and learning. Listed below, you will read about what makes us different from other schools. All students, kindergarten through sixth-grade, participate in our programs and activities.
• Before our school opened, our superintendent asked us to become a Microsoft Showcase School. Microsoft Showcase Schools have a strong passion for modernizing schools and ensuring students use technology that prepares them for their future. We use Davis School District curriculum while providing innovative teaching. Our teachers worked tirelessly to become MIE (Microsoft Innovative Educators) and MIEE (Microsoft Innovative Educator Experts). We received our Microsoft Showcase School designation!
• STEAM is STEM plus Art, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). It is very important for students to be able to participate in the arts. I love this quote from Danelle Einberg from Pixar. “The interweaving of Science and Art elevates the world, to a place of wonder in a world, where suddenly a girl realizes not only is she a scientist, but she is an artist with soul. A place we can believe in. Where the things you imagine become real.” Utah does not have a STEAM designation award, so we are applying for our STEM designation award this year.
• Our teachers have studied and incorporated the Engineering Process in their lessons. Students learn that scientists and engineers fail and follow the Engineering Process. Students are taught to follow this process until their projects work and they are satisfied with their projects.
Project Lead the Way is an engineering program that empowers students to adopt a design-thinking exploratory mindset through fun activities and projects that build upon each other and relate to their age-group. Kindergarten through sixth-grade students engage in hands-on activities in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science.
• We use Blended Learning to teach our students. Blended Learning means we use technology combined with excellent teacher instruction to guide our student learning. This creates a whole-school learning environment empowered by technology but also by great instruction delivered by our wonderful teachers. “Technology will not replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of great teachers can be transformational.” George Couros, author of Innovator’s Mindset.
• Collaboration Spaces and flexible seating are an important component found in well-designed 21st Century Schools. Our hallways, called atmospheres, help our students work together collaboratively to create and solve problems. Visitors have been very impressed to see how well our students use our collaboration spaces.
• Makerspace areas can be found in classrooms and our library. Makers are genuinely concerned about the engineering process and the product.
• We have three prep-time classes: P.E, Science/Art, and STEAM which focuses on Technology/Engineering/Coding.
• Healthy Bodies = Healthy Minds is a program that has students moving throughout the day. Students begin their day with exercise in their classrooms to get the blood flowing to their brains and participate in various activities throughout the day. http://gethealthyutah.org
• Spanish Immersion is offered at Canyon Creek. Students begin in kindergarten and their skills grow to proficiency by sixth-grade. This program continues through high school.
• We have many before and after-school programs in the form of clubs offered throughout the school year. We offer Drama, Ukulele, Glee, Chess, Coding, CCN – Canyon Creek News, STEAM, Book Battles, and Yearbook Clubs.
Our faculty is highly dedicated and talented. Our parents, PTA, and Community Council support our school and student learning in many ways. Together, we provide for your children to succeed through excellent school programs. We will support your efforts in doing the same. We have the same goals and aspirations for your children.
We look forward to knowing all of you and working together to ensure the best possible educational experience for your child. We make every effort to ensure each student loves coming to school, achieves academic success, and has wonderful relationships with their peers, our faculty, and staff.
The success of our school depends upon strong parent relationships, committed and devoted staff, and influential teachers working together to accomplish a common goal. I look forward to our quest of working together to providing a wonderful education for our students.
Thank you for your support of Canyon Creek Elementary!